Need instant cover for a day or two? No problem with our online temporary car insurance policies!
From time to time you may require car insurance but only for a few days or weeks not the full year as offered under a standard car insurance contract.
We offer online Short term car insurance and temporary car insurance cover for UK, NI & EU driving licence holders, generally from 1-28 days, although cover can be provided for up to 6 months on a short term policy or on a PAYG (pay as you go basis). Policies are underwritten by Tempcover, one of the UK’s leading providers of short term cover.
When would I require temporary car insurance?
There are many reasons why short term car insurance or temporary car insurance may be required – here are just a few examples:
- when purchasing a new car or van
- when lending your car to friends, family or visitors
- when borrowing a car from a friend, family member, or when you are away from home
- when car sharing or driving sharing for long distances
- when test driving a car you are considering to buy
- for driving a specialist or classic car which is used only for certain days or months of the year
Temporary Cover Policy Benefits:
- Accidents and claims do not affect your own “no claims” bonus if you have another car insurance policy.
- Available to buy instantly online – saving you time and often at a discounted price. Online transactions provide instant cover and paperwork and policy documents are emailed to you immediately
- Offering temporary car insurance cover that is needed at very short notice.
Policyholder & additional drivers terms
- You have a current full UK or European Union license (for a minimum of 1 year)
- You are aged 24 – 75 years
- You have no more than 6 penalty points on your licence in the last 3 years
- You have not been disqualified from driving in the last 5 years
- You have not had more than one fault claim in the last 3 year
Are You and Is your Car Eligible for Temporary Cover?
Temporary Car Insurance terms and Conditions:
- The vehicle to be covered:
- has not been modified
- has no more than 8 seats in total
- is registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man
- You don’t plan to use the vehicle for carrying passengers or goods for hire or reward.
- You require cover for a vehicle which you would be permitted to drive using a standard full UK licence.
- The minimum market value of the vehicle to be insured is £1,500.
- The maximum amount payable under this policy in respect of loss or damage to the vehicle is £40,000.